Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Moon Cake

So I got this recipe from a friend, and it's just so good!!


In a small saucepan, bring to a boil:

1 c. water
1 cube butter

Remove from heat and add:

1 cup flour

Stir until it forms a ball. Then let it cool for 10 minutes. Put dough ball in mixer and add:

4 eggs (mixing in one at a time)

Spread batter on large greased cookie sheet (I use a jelly roll pan) and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. I took mine out after about 28 minutes because I thought it was getting too brown - so watch for that in your oven.
Let the pastry shell cool in the pan.

Make 2 small packages of vanilla pudding according to package directions -including the 5 minute set up time. Then add one 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature. Mix with hand mixer until pretty smooth - I wasn't able to get mine totally smooth - I don't think I let it warm up enough. Spread the mixture over the pastry shell.

Spread 1 small container of cool whip over the top of the pudding mix and then drizzle chocolate syrup over the top. Top with slivered almonds if desired.

No comments: