Saturday, February 5, 2011

Turtle Cake

We tried a new cake recipe from the ever-wonderful Kraft Foods website. It’s a turtle cake that was surprisingly easy to make. And let me tell you, It.Was.Amazing! I snapped a shot so I could show y’all…

DSCN3779a

Yum!!

The cheesecake & caramel filling was absolutely to die for! Honestly, I was a little sad I had to put it on the cake…I was sorely tempted to just eat it all out of the mixing bowl! But I didn’t…much. ;)

Check out the link below & give her a whirl sometime. You won’t be disappointed!

Turtle Cake recipe

Mandy

 

1 comment:

The Mortensens said...

Forgot to mention some minor changes I made with this cake. The recipe calls for 5 squares (or 5 oz.) of baker's chocolate. Instead, I used chocolate chips. The rule of thumb when making this substitution is 3 tbps of chocolate chips for every 1 oz of baker's chocolate.

Also, I used almonds instead of pecans because I figured the kids would eat those a little better. :)