Monday, January 12, 2009

Dad's Sweet Muffins

Okay, they may not REALLY be dad's, but I think he made them a lot when we were growing up.

1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Beat egg. Stir in milk and oil. Mix remaining ingredients just until flour is moistened. Batter should be lumpy. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Apple cinnamon variation: Add 1 c. grated apple with the oil and add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon with the flour. Sprinkle top with sugar and cinnamon. Bake as directed above.

Note: I think this recipe has been altered for high altitude. I live at about 400 ft or something like that and mine were a little too dense. So for me, I'm omitting about 1/2 cup of flour from mine.

1 comment:

The Mortensens said...

Is this at 400ยบ or some other temp?